March 11, 2021
Time to spring clean
Whether you love it or dread it, the time of spring cleaning is upon us. The process can certainly be overwhelming, but all the effort will pay off big time. Winter is a heavy time for many of us and it can be easy to neglect cleaning and chores and instead seek out comforting relaxation. However, taking the time to deep clean your home can have some amazing benefits and will make you feel so good about your space. Stumped on where to start? Let us help.
1. Clean the dust and stains off your walls.
2. Clean out your oven. Simple products like baking soda and vinegar can be extremely effective at a chore like this. Your oven will be sparkling and fresh in no time.
3. Deep clean your kitchen cabinets inside and out. Also, take time time to go through your pantry items. Reorganize everything and consider donating any surplus non-perishable foods.
4. Go through your closets. It's time to take a good, hard look at clothing and outerwear. If there are any heavy outerwear items that you did not use in the fall and winter months, maybe they should be donated. Before you switch your closets from colder to warmer month clothes, take a look at the items of clothing and make a donation pile of the ones you didn't wear or don't intend on. Don't use up your valuable closet space on clothing you won't use!
5. Do a thorough dusting on all surfaces in your home, including window blinds. If this seems daunting, break it up into a few days, focusing on a different room or floor of your house each day. Dusting is important not only for the look of your home and furniture, but also for health. With spring comes allergies, so do what you can to alleviate any irritants in your home!