January 14, 2021
Why sell in winter?
Winter may not seem like the ideal time to move, but in many ways it is a great time to list and sell your home! Not only is this true now with the remarkably strong market we have been experiencing consistently, but winter is always a great time to avoid the busy and popular spring market while benefitting from the other incentives that the winter season brings to the table. In this blog post, we will detail the benefits of selling your home in the winter. As always, if you are interested in selling your home and want to learn more, give us a call at 207-805-1811!
- Since spring is the most popular time to list a property, there can be more competition. In the winter, there are fewer homes for sale, which creates a demand for the buyers who are more actively searching.
- Winter is the perfect time to show off your home’s readiness for winter. Having a wood stove, pellet stove, or fireplace can make your home feel warm and inviting. Newly installed doors and windows, and any other home improvements are a great feature to show off in preparation for Maine’s winters.
- Worried that your home's yard and gardens are not up to shape? You won’t have to worry so much about tending to your landscape in winter! A blanket of snow is forgiving and creates a fresh, clean appearance in your outdoor areas.
- Winter time brings in only the most serious buyers that are ready to make an offer. The temperature, weather, and driving conditions tend to filter out the less serious buyers.
- With interest rates remaining historically low, buyers are encouraged to continue house hunting into the chilly winter months.